How to choose the appropriate way of granulation when different materials are modified?
When pure resins are “modified”, there is often a change in the more suitable method of granulation.
• Filling, especially high filling, usually make LLDPE or LDPE plastic granulation can be changed from water ring granulation to air cooled die surface hot. Both increase stiffness, and energy saving (save after drying); the grain shape is good-looking and reduces the natural loss of edge powder.
• Enhanced, because of the existence of glass fiber or carbon fiber, so that some of the air cooling eager resin (high density polyethylene, ABS, etc.) obedient fall back to the traditional strip (water) cold cutting. “General” and “engineering” (plastics) are no exception.
• Toughened, like TPV bumper material commonly used (PP+EPDM+POE dynamic vulcanization), due to the dispersion of rubber powder in PP continuous phase, making the water ring heat becomes a preferred. It’s good looking and good value.
○ Reactive extrusion
(1) Chemical cross-linked cable material (XL-PE) is the preferred choice of air cooled die surface. In many cable material plants, twin screw/single screw double step machine + air cooling hot (or eccentric hot) is SPVC and XLPE compatible manufacturing standard configuration.
(2) In the production and manufacture of high melt strength polypropylene (HMS-PP), PP reaction extrusion branched can better accept water ring hot particles.
More common modified common materials or master batch cutting sample selection
• SPVC cable insulation material or transparent medical common materials, preferably all air cooled die surface hot. So is RPVC, but in smaller quantities.
• Polystyrene, no matter HIPS or GPPS, choose casting belt (inclined water cooling) cutting line accounts for the majority.
• ABS commonly used materials, most choose to pull (water) cold cut (thin and long grain shape is the most popular). People have tried air-cooled fervor or water ring fervor all no problem, the grain shape is also good-looking (positive spherical). When the production capacity is greater than 3-4t/h, it is logical to change to underwater hot casting or belt casting machine.
• Shielded or semi-shielded cable material, small selection of water ring, large selection of underwater (eager).
• Silane cross linked cable material, small line choose water ring, large (such as 96/250 line) choose underwater (hot).
• HFFR (low smoke halogen free cable material) production and granulation, compatible with XLPE equipment, but the extruder screw configuration to change.
• Copolymer formaldehyde (POM) end, can choose water ring or underwater (cut).
• TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer), many underwater hot, but the same direction of the extrusion metering section must be adjusted for construction pressure.
PET filament master batch, can be cold cut with pull (water) or cast with cold cut.
• Emission reduction popular PPC (polypropyl carbonate), can be mixed with almost every kind of degradation resin (TPS, PLA, PBAT, PBS, PHBV, PHA, PVA, PCL, PGA) and granulation.
• Impregnated long glass fiber (LFI-PP, LFI-PA) granulation.
• PE breathable film factory commonly used materials – mixing and granulation;
• Cellulose acetate mixed ester molding plastics – mixing granulation;
• TPEE (block copolymer ester rubber) – mixing granulation;
• K resin – granulation of production and modified materials;
• SBS, SIS, SEBS block elastomer granulation or devolatilization granulation;
• POE graft, graft EPDM and other compatible toughening agent – mixing granulation;
• Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE) drilling materials, such as mixing granulation;
• Polyethylene wax (PEW) — batching, granulation and micro-granulation;
• Petroleum resin (C5 or C9) — ingredients and special granulation;
• Nylon (PA6+PA12+SiC) abrasive wire mixing extrusion and cutting.