Six Kinds of Commonly Used Pipe, Advantage is Clear at a Glance
1. Hard polyvinyl chloride (PVC-U) pipe
Pvc-u pipeline is sanitary polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin as the main raw material, adding the right amount of stabilizer, lubricant, filler, brightening agent and so on by plastic extruder extrusion molding and injection molding machine, through cooling, curing, shaping, inspection, packaging and other processes to complete the production of pipe, pipe fittings.
Advantages of PVC-U pipeline: light weight, corrosion resistance, low water resistance, energy saving, rapid installation, low cost.
Application: urban tap water and water supply engineering, building and internal water supply engineering, industrial and mining enterprises water supply engineering, buried fire water supply engineering, farmland water conservancy water supply and irrigation engineering, landscaping water supply engineering, aquaculture industry water supply and drainage engineering, etc.
2. Random copolymer polypropylene (PP-R) feed pipe
Pp-r pipe, also known as three type polypropylene pipes, is made of random copolymer polypropylene after extrusion into pipe, injection into pipe fittings. It is a new type of plastic pipe product developed and applied in Europe in the early 90’s. Pp-r is a new generation of pipeline materials in the late 1980s, using gas phase copolymerization process to make about 5% PE in the molecular chain of PP randomly uniform polymerization (random copolymerization). It has good impact resistance and long-term creep performance.
PPR pipe advantages: moderate price, stable performance, heat insulation, corrosion resistance, smooth inner wall without scaling, pipeline system is safe and reliable, does not penetrate, the service life can reach 50 years. Known as never scale, never rust, never leakage, green advanced water supply material.
PPR pipe application field:
1. Cold and hot water systems of buildings, including central heating systems;
2. Heating systems in buildings, including floor, wainscoting and radiant heating systems;
3. Can be directly drinking pure water supply system;
4, central (centralized) air conditioning system;
5. Industrial pipeline systems for conveying or discharging chemical media.
3. Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (PVC-C) water supply pipe
1. Strong: because PVC-is stronger than PP-R, PB and PEX, fewer hooks and supports are needed. Pvc-c can withstand higher pressures and use a smaller pipe diameter than PP-R, PB and PEX tubes at the same flow rate.
2. Easy installation: the use of special fusion agent can be connected, installation without special tools, that is, suitable for naked, also suitable for dark.
3. Corrosion resistance: PVC-C is not easy to permeate oxygen, so the metal parts in the system will not lead to corrosion due to oxidation.
4. Good flame retardant: PVC-oxygen index is 60, the combustion ability is very low, from the fire extinguish, will not produce fire droplets, more can inhibit the production of smoke and toxic gas.
5. Not affected by residual chlorine: Different from polyolefin pipe, PVC-C pipe is not affected by residual chlorine in water after long-term use, and will not crack and leak.
6. Acid and alkali resistance: PVC-no matter for acid or alkali has strong anticorrosion ability, can be used for conveying HCL and NaOH liquid.
7. bacteria is not easy to reproduce: after a lot of tests proved that the bacteria in PVC-tube is not easy to breed, its bacterial growth rate is 1/60 of PEX tube, 1/10 of copper tube, 1/4 of steel tube. The measured amount of legionella bacteria in the water sample was 1/13 of that in PEX tube and 1/17 of that in PP-R tube.
8. Low thermal expansion coefficient and aging resistance: compared with other plastic tubes, PVC-C tube thermal expansion coefficient is small, about 1/2 of pp-R, PB and PEX and other plastic tubes. PVC-C pipes have strong uv resistance and can be used outdoors, while general polyolefin pipes cannot.
9. Superior health performance standards: PVC-C cold and hot water pipes by many international water quality and health authorities tested, the results are better than the World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China and other institutions on drinking water standards.
4. Polyethylene (PE) pipe
PE pipe processing without adding heavy metal salt stabilizer, non-toxic material, no scaling layer, no bacteria, a good solution to the secondary pollution of urban drinking water. In addition to a few strong oxidants, can withstand the erosion of a variety of chemical media; No electrochemical corrosion. PE pipe can be used safely for more than 50 years at rated temperature and pressure. PE pipe has good toughness, high impact strength, and heavy weight directly pressure through the pipeline, will not lead to pipeline rupture. PE pipe hot melt or electric melt interface strength is higher than the pipe body; the joint will not be disconnected due to soil movement or live load. The pipeline is light in weight, simple in welding process, convenient in construction and low in comprehensive cost.
5. Acrylonitrile – butadiene – styrene (ABS) engineering plastic water supply pipe
The material used to manufacture pipes is a mixture of propylene, butadiene and styrene, mainly ABS resin, and only additives needed to improve its physical and mechanical properties and processing properties should be dispersed evenly. The density (kg/m3) of propene butadiene styrene is 1000≤ρ≤ L070. The acrylic eyeball in the raw material should be greater than 20 (mass fraction), and the other composition should not be greater than 5% (mass fraction). Material should be made into pipe, according to GB/T 18252 provisions of the test, the minimum required strength MRS≥14 MPa, overall use (design) coefficient C minimum value is 1.6.
ABS tubes and fittings shall be manufactured in accordance with GB/T 20207. Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride piping system for transporting drinking water shall meet the requirements of GB/T 17219-1998.
According to the chemical resistance and health of the material, it is suitable for pressure water supply and drainage transportation, sewage treatment and water treatment, petroleum, chemical industry, power electronics, metallurgy, mining, electroplating, paper making, food and beverage, air conditioning, medicine and other industrial and construction fields of powder, liquid and gas and other fluids.
6. High density polyethylene (HDPE) drainpipe
HDPE is a high crystallinity, non – polar thermoplastic resin. The appearance of the original HDPE is milky white, with a certain degree of translucency in the thin section. In the water supply and drainage pipe system, plastic pipe has gradually replaced the traditional pipe such as cast iron pipe and galvanized steel pipe and become the mainstream pipe. Plastic pipe and traditional pipe compared, with light weight, corrosion resistance, water resistance is small, energy saving, simple and rapid installation, low cost of significant advantages, by the pipeline engineering circle.
HDPE pipeline is mainly used for: municipal engineering water supply system, indoor water supply system of buildings, outdoor buried water supply system and buried water supply system of residential communities, factories, old pipeline repair, water treatment engineering pipeline system, garden, irrigation and other fields of industrial water pipes.