Take you through the Details of TPO Waterproofing Membrane
In recent years, with the carbon peak, carbon neutral decision-making deployment, high performance and with energy saving, environmental protection effect of TPO polymer waterproofing roll-roofing material in the domestic also appeared rapid development of momentum. Because it has both the weather resistance of EPDM rubber, but also has plastic waterproofing roll material can be welded, reliable waterproofing effect, aging resistance outstanding performance, so the development is very rapid.
TPO polymer waterproofing roll-roofing, that is, thermoplastic polyolefin waterproofing roll-roofing, is based on petroleum resin and ethylene, acetic acid, vinyl resin, adding antioxidants, antioxidants, softeners, and surface attached to the fabric fiber, aluminum film and made of new waterproofing roll-roofing.
TPO waterproofing membrane has become the “King of Low Slope Roofing” in North America due to its excellent physical properties and long aging resistance when used directly on the outside!
But TPO waterproofing roll-roofing is not specifically for single-layer roofing and born, TPO as a sheet, single-sided coating and special particles, the use of pre-paving counter-adhesive construction of TPO waterproofing roll-roofing, used in the basement floor waterproofing project also has a good waterproofing effect.
According to the composition of the product is divided into TPO waterproofing membrane can be divided into homogeneous coil (H class), with fiber backing coil (L class), fabric within the reinforced coil (P class) three types.
Homogeneous rolls – TPO waterproofing membranes without internal reinforcement or backing materials
TPO waterproofing rolls with fibre backing – with fabrics such as polyester non-wovens laminated to the lower surface of the roll
Fabric reinforced rolls – TPO waterproofing rolls reinforced with polyester or glass fibre mesh fabric in the middle of the roll
Scope of application
Due to the superb ageing resistance of TPO rolls, and other features, they are mainly used in exposed roofing waterproofing such as light steel and concrete, or planted roofing systems.
TPO waterproofing membrane is suitable for building exposed or non-exposed roof waterproofing layer and easy to deform the building underground waterproofing, especially suitable for light steel roofing, with reasonable level design and qualified construction quality, both to reduce the weight of the roof, but also excellent energy-saving effect, is a large industrial plant, public buildings, photovoltaic integration of buildings and other roofing materials of choice.
However, although TPO waterproofing membranes have many excellent properties, they are prone to water leakage at the weld.
There are several reasons for this.
(1) Human side: The operator is not familiar with the characteristics of the material without technical instructions on site, blind construction, wrong construction process and poor welding, resulting in water leakage.
(2) welding machinery: TOP waterproofing membrane welding machinery and equipment is not familiar with the correct use of relevant equipment, equipment-related parameters are not familiar with the welding parts of the temperature is too high or too low, resulting in poor welding molding effect.
(3) Material: Substandard products were purchased from third party distributors and the products themselves were of questionable quality. The presence of sewage, oil and dirt on the surface of the material at the weld directly led to poor welding quality and caused water leakage.
(4) Construction methods: unfamiliarity with the construction programme, inability to clearly understand the correct construction steps, relevant process steps not carried out correctly, relevant construction processes reversed.
(5) Construction environment: improper storage on site, direct sunlight and rain, and storage environment temperature higher than 45 ℃, the average storage stacking height of more than 5 layers, contact with acid, alkali, oil organic solvents, poor protection of construction site finished products. All of the above reasons may lead to poor welding quality and cause hidden quality problems.
Skilled in the application of relevant construction solutions, the thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) waterproofing membrane welding process is as follows:
(1) Substrate treatment: The substrate should be clean, dry and free of water, with cement mortar used to make R corners in the yin and Yang corners. Generally the basement roof and side walls need to be painted with waterproof paint.
(2) Large surface laying coil: adjacent coil transverse, longitudinal lap width of not less than 100 mm, adjacent coil transverse lap to be staggered not less than 1 500 mm. pay attention to the additional layer of yin and Yang corner, generally using non-woven + non-curing rubber asphalt coating additional layer width 500 mm. machine must be preheated before use.
TPO waterproofing roll-roofing construction quality is good or bad, directly affecting the suitability and durability of the building. Therefore, for the construction of TPO waterproofing roll-roofing, the construction quality of waterproofing must be controlled from all aspects, especially to ensure the welding quality of waterproofing roll-roofing. I believe that in the future, TPO waterproofing roll-roofing will be more and more widely used.